Electronic Leak Detection Services
If your pool is losing more a quarter inch of water in a 24 hour period, then you most likely have a leak. Most swimming pools will develop a leak at some point in their life. Leaks are costly because they increase your water bill, and demand extra chemicals in order to maintain proper water balance.
Finding leaks can be difficult and should be left for the experts with the training and tools required for the task. At Pines Pool Service, we use the latest technology available in electronic leak detection. Trust us to find your pool leak without unnecessary destruction or excavation. Once we pinpoint your leak, we are equipped to perform any necessary repairs required. We stand behind our work and warranty any minor leak repair for 90 days, and 1 year for any major repairs. Fees for leak detection may vary depending on the various aspects/features of your pool. Call us and we will gladly provide you with a quote after answering a few simple questions.
Is my pool leaking? Here's how to tell:
Evaporation / Leak Test
- Bring pool water to normal level
- Turn off the pool pump and Auto Fill (if applicable)
- Fill bucket with pool water to about 1 inch from top
- Place bucket on first or second step of pool
- Mark water level on inside of bucket (see image below)
- Once water is settled mark pool water level on outside of bucket (see image below)
- After 24 hours check both marks on bucket (more than 26 hours, test is invalid)
IF THE POOL WATER OUTSIDE MARK DROPS DOWN MORE THAN THE INSIDE MARK, YOU MAY HAVE A LEAK.